Saturday, February 24, 2018

Love You With Distress Oxides, Take Two


Hello, Friends! You are so sweet to drop by! I know it's passed Valentine's Day and went back on my promise and made another Valentine's card. My daughter's went missing in the mail, along with a gift card! We are on our way to Charlotte, NC to visit her at college as we speak, so I can hand deliver this one.

A little short on time to get another made, I tried CASING my own that I made for her HERE. Always a big mistake, and it didn't help that this was done after midnight. I really messed up the embossing, but I went with it anyway. This post was more about trying out some photography tips Autumn gave me, and to share a few photos from our weekend together.


Autumn was kind enough to lug along her dies when we met this passed weekend at my friend's lake house,  so I could grab another Tutti hearts and butterflies frame from her. I just picked up this cheapo marque alphabet die set at a local big box store, so I gave that a try for my sentiment.


  Autumn gave me some Nuvo drops as one of many gifts for Christmas this year, and I used some on the hearts. Pretty!


 I used my diffuser in a different way this time, using it like a stencil. I embossed my card, laid the diffuser over it, and smeared Distress Micro Glaze on the inside of the heart with my finger. I dipped my card in Iced Spruce and Black Soot DOX inks, and the glaze resisted them leaving a white heart shape. I removed the glaze with a soft cloth, and applied the Seedless Preserves DOX in the heart area, and some to the edges as well.The lacy bits around the edge are the off cuts from the lace die cuts I added to my prior card. I just coated them and the heart die cut with BoBunny glitter paste. Waste not, want not!


We met Autumn's local friends from South Carolina at the Stamp Scrap Art Tour in Columbia, SC. Here's a photo of us that Carol shared with us. Thank you, Carol;  I would never think to take a photo! L>R: Carol, Madelyn, Autumn, me and Bonnie. What a FUN weekend and what a fun group of girls! It is a SMALL world we live in! I found out that Madelyn's nephew lives right down the street from me!


And lucky me! They included me in their monthly tag swap this month! Aren't these tags fabulous??! You can see details of Autumn's tag (the middle one) HERE.

I'm sharing with these challenges:
Scrapy Land Challenge #84 ANYTHING GOES  Tutti Designs and Sizzix

Thank you for your visit today and for all your lovely comments! I sure do appreciate them!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

24 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card! I hope the original turns up! I received a Christmas card last week that was posted before Christmas!I can see that you had a fun time with your friends! Have a great weekend! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Sara Emily! I'm sure your daughter loved it. That's so frustrating that the card and gift never showed up in the mail! Hopefully, it still will. How nice to meet up with crafty friends! I bet it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning!! I love the beautiful heart and the colors!! The design is so beautiful!! I know your daughter will treasure this!! How frustrating the first card was lost. I hope you are able to recover it. And it looks like such a fun time with friends!! The picture is beautiful!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...this is so awesome!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous make and the picture of you and your crafting friends is so wonderful.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sara Emily! I love the frame and then the background..fabulous color~The back heart and LOVE is beautiful!~it really pops! Super fun design! I am sure your daughter will love it!!
    How fun to meet up with your friends...that always makes my day especially because we share the same passion! That is crazy that your friends nephew lives down the street..like you said, small world!!
    The swap tags are amazing~ SCORE, hehe!
    Have a great evening~
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sara! Sorry I have been missing for so long .. life has been a bit hectic lately and I haven't been very good at visiting. Taking a bit of time today to do some catching up. I love your card! It is so pretty and what a shame that your first one went missing. I love the colour palette on this one .. the black frame and sentiment really pops off the page and the bright pink is stunning!!
    So fun for you to catch up with these lovely ladies, I'm sure you all had a great time!! The photo is gorgeous! Have a fabulous day! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet friend, I hate that your original went missing but this turned out beautifully! I'm certain your daughter will adore it. The colors are gorgeous and the frame once again looks fantastic. (I just have to say that she is blessed to have you for her mom!) And how amazing that you had a crafty meet-up! Lovely photograph. :) The tags are gorgeous, too! I hope you have a beautiful weekend, my friend.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous, Sara Emily (both versions!) and I love the technique you used for your pink heart - so pretty! How nice you got to visit your daughter and hand-deliver...I bet she loved it! Great photo of you ladies and gorgeous tags! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! How much fun for you and Autumn!! So happy you were all able to get together and make some fun art!
    Love those tags as well! Sharing art with like minded creative souls is the best,so happy for you!

    Too bad your original card went MIA, but to the rescue, a beautiful replacement! (I'll bet it is in the back of that closet,slid underneath a loose floor board ,waiting to be found 100 years from now by the next home's occupants!) Fun story anyway! heehee
    Happy Sunday
    Hugs,Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful heart! The tags look gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing with u sat Country View Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Thank you for playing along with us! Nora, DT Happy Little Stampers...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Sara, love the butterfly heart and colors! Sorry to hear that the first one was lost in the mail, hope it's recovered. Wonderful photo, love the tags!
    Hugs, Sherry x
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Pink and black are a beautiful color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such an elegant card! I love the black scrollwork and how the inside of the heart is a different color. The colors are full of energy and boldness, yet everything blends together perfectly. You've created an amazing card here and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it awful when treasures get lost in the mail Sara Emily! Your daughter is lucky that her mum can just whip up another beautiful card for her! Looks like you girls had a lovely crafty gathering! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is pretty, luv the details and design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful feminine card!!!The heart shape is very pretty and I love the pink-grey colours together!!! Thank you for joining the February challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card with beautiful Background.
    Thank you for Playing with us at Make My Monday Challenge.
    Priya-DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Magical! Dropping by with heartfelt love, and thanking you for sharing your pretty artwork. Please forgive my copy and paste today. But I want you to know that I’m thinking of you with fondness. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! What a cool technique! Thanks for joining us this month at Scrapy Land! Hoping to see you again!

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, that card looks awesome and gave you another unique creation. No comparing allowed! lol How wonderful to see you and your friends together. Are you from / live in SC? I'm from Texas, born in AR, finally getting the Sara Emily, that's sooooo Deep Southern to use both names. Love it! I'm Amy Elizabeth and grew up Amy Beth, haha. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.