Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Halloween Party Favor for Scrapy Land # 75 Anything Goes

Hello friends and visitors! This is my first of two Halloween posts today; you can see my spooky journal HERE. Today marks the start of a new Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land. I hope you'll stop by the blog to see the wonderful inspiration by my talented teamies! But while you're here, take a look at my Halloween party favor. Wouldn't this be fun to have at each table setting with a little treat in it? Or perhaps this could be used as a fun way to deliver a party invitation.



I had so much fun using my newest Halloween dies and a few of my old ones. To start, I assembled the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Coffin Box die, using just the bottom. Before making my cuts I prepared some chipboard from my cat's canned food box by adding a design with a stencil and modeling cream. Once this dried, I colored it with Color Bursts in Burnt Umber and Lamp Black. These just scream Halloween spookiness! The box is very easy to assemble, but I recommend allowing the chipboard to dry before gluing. Perhaps I speak from experience.






My two new dies are the skull and crossbones from Mini Bat and Skull Set and 'Boo' from Vintage Spirits, both made by Sizzix.  Now those hands are CREEPY, and they are cut from shrink plastic using Skeleton Hand by Memory Box. Check out these other skeletons Scrapy Land has in stock! In fact, if you love Halloween like me, you'll want to look over all the Halloween dies Scrapy Land sells in the shop.


I have a question...does anyone have tips on how to take good photos of a 3 dimensional object??? 
I couldn't decide whether to snap him on black or white, indoors or out. and those big slimy hands kept getting in the way!






But then I had some fun with the light, and couldn't resist showing just how eerie this could look.


Sweet and simple! I hope you're inspired to get out those dies and join the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land. Everyone who plays along and follows the guidelines is in the running for a $10 gift certificate to Scrapy Land. The team will also choose a winner and their favorites from the gallery. The winner also receives a $10 gift certificate to the shop! I hope you'll play along!

I'm sharing with these challenges:
Thank you for stopping by and for your wonderful comments! I read and appreciate them all!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

23 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is fabulous. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooky, spooky, spooky and totally fabulous Sara! You already know how much I love Halloween and this might just be one of my favourite projects this year - love how you decorated the coffin, the skull looks amazing and of course I love the scary hands! I can't give you any tips, alas, I am not the best photographer but I think your photos today are brilliant. I wonder if Pamellia could advise you??? Big hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I love your fascination with all things coffins, Sara Emily. Such fun, and I can imagine that smile on your face with each gruesome detail, trying to create yet another unique factor in your repertoire of texture skills. SO FUN, and absolutely creepy! so what do you do with all the coffins? Do you save them up for an event, and fill them with candy? Thanks for making the rest of us laugh, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - what glorious spookiness with those hands coming out of the coffin to grab us!!! A wonderful scary piece for the holiday table Sara Emily!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek.....but so COOL!! This is so fun and I love all the fun texture and depth this creepy creation has! This would be a great little party favor fro sure!
    LOVE this!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so spooky and cool! I love those hands reaching out to pull you into the coffin with him! Such a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning and creepy!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek! Spookilicious! Those creepy fingers reaching out from beyond the grave are fabulous, and I love the subtle inking of the skull.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwaaa haahaahaaaaaa
    Ooooo you scare me so Sara Emily!!!
    LOL
    Loving the distressing colors on the skullie and Boo!
    hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this 3D make! Thank you for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow love how you decorated the coffin box, very spookilicious...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. hyper original ,merci de votre participation à notre challenge Sandee & Amélie's à bientôt Nate http://nate.over-blog.org

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! This is a fun Halloween box!!! I love it!!! Those hands are brilliant!!! Great design and fabulous texture for the coffin!!! Thank you for joining the October challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eek...how spooky is that! Many thanks for sharing your box with us at Cards und More. Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  15. EEK!! Oh my wow, this is spectacular, Sara Emily!! I'm so happy to be back and visiting your blog to see the gorgeous projects I've missed while I was away!! I've missed you!! Your talent just totally blows me away!! I love every single creepy, spooky, fabulous detail of this!! Truly, a perfect Halloween treat!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greetings from the grave - now this is scarey!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic work! I love these blurs and textures!
    Thank you for sharing it at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cool!))Thank you for joining us at MMP challenge

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool! Thank you for joining us at MMP challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.