Thursday, December 17, 2015

Guest Designer for Stamps and Stencils

Hello everyone!  Today I have the honor of being Guest Designerfor Stamps and Stencils for their current challenge Grungy Christmas. I was so excited when I received Sue's e-mail inviting me to join the Design Team for this challenge, because I love a vintage grungy Christmas card! I hope you'll join us in this challenge!


You can see my step by step tutorial on how I made the textured gold base layer and my festive plaid layer at Stamps and Stencils, but here are a couple of close up shots. I won't go into detail on that process here, because my post would be much too long!



I will share with you how I made my textured Ornate frame (Tim Holtz), although I have no step by step photos of that. I die cut the frame from Grunge paper and layered on some golden Crackle paste--I love this stuff; it's as light as a feather and makes great cracks (normally--it didn't for this frame, of course!). Once dry, I painted it with Tarnished Brass Distress paint, and when the paint dried, swiped on some metallic rub on wax. I filled my frame with a stamped Tim Holtz image from his Holiday Collections in Sepia Archival ink. (Sorry for the poor photo quality--it's sepia, NOT red in real life!)



I made my poinsettias using Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die and white card.  After die cutting, I swiped the flowers through Twisted Citron Distress paint spritzed with water on my craft sheet. When nearly dry, I ran them through my Tim Holtz poinsettia Texture Fade for a crisp embossing. I added Distress inks in Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn,Vintage Photo, and Worn Lipstick. I  randomly adhered some Rock Candy Distress Glitter using Multi Matte medium.  I added Stickles to the centers.





For my sentiment, I chose a Tim Holtz Handwritten Holiday Thinlit, cut from brown card. I dabbed on some Embossing Dabber and heat embossed with Tea Dye Distress Powder. I love the grungy look!





I would like to enter my card in the following inspiring challenges:
A Vintage Journey Vintage Christmas Tim influence in his techniques: November 12 Tags of 2015, Paint Marbling. His products. His vintage grunge style.
Country View Challenge #34 December-Create a Scene My scene is a of a wall with framed art on it!


Thank you for stopping by today and for all your lovely comments!
Hugs and Christmas Blessings!
Sara Emily

16 comments:

  1. A huge congratulations on your Guest spot, you totally deserve it Sara! Your card is a vintage masterpiece, straight out of a treasure box from an antique shop!! You are costing me a fortune though because I just added a half dozen things to my already way too long wish list! ha!! You are truly an inspiration. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! So LOVE it!!! This is fab, TFS with S&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two Words: Absolutely Beautiful!! Fantastic vintage look, and lots of yummy details and texture - wow!! And congratulations on your guest spot - well deserved and you hit it out of the park! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your GDT spot! You really have achieved the most wonderful vintage look in this project Sara, I love the ornate frame and those gorgeous textured poinsettias frame the Santa image so wonderfully well! Thanks for joining in our 'Vintage Christmas' challenge at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big congrats on your GDT post at Stamps And Stencils, dear Sara! Your vintage card is brilliant! Love all the techniques you used and ooooooooh, that poinsettia has stolen my heart! Love it, love it, love it!
    Huge hugs to you my friend! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for joining us Sara....LOVE this, it's grungy perfection! Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the Guest DT spot! Well deserved, as the texture and layers in this are scrumptious! Your attention to detail always wins my heart. Love the vintage vibe and gorgeous project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you definitely get the prize for busiest Guest Designer in Craftyblogland - wow, and on top of the fastest Funkie Junkie 12 Tags in the history of tagging!! Amazing grungy textures and those flowers are glorious.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful color on your poinsettia leaves and I love the texture on your believe! Fantastic Card! Thank you for playing with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and grunge go hand in hand when you do it SD! Loves it and all the trimmings! That ornate frame is still on my wish list. Haha! Seriously though, huge congrats on your guest spot at S and S. They sure picked a talented lady! Hugz to you muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous- have I said this before? Okay, couple of questions here... so, do you always use the dauber for your embossing? and is that you favorite way of applying the embossing stuff? Also, what stencil is that that you used for the very first layer-looks Damask? And...Where do you find the time and energy? You are like an energizer bunny!!! heehee (just need the tail and ears!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card !!
    Thank you for joining us at the Artistic Stamper's December challenge. Hope to see you next month !
    Titbelsoeur DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful work - gorgeous texture - fabulous design! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and goodluck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your GDT for Stamps and Stencils, they are so lucky to have you! I see those Poinsettia again, and they are making me go 'I WANT YOU....' lol My poor bank balance will be in tatters soon, especially with CHA and the new releases coming up. I love your stencilled textured edging, you always add such class to your designs with texture and always come out stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. very very pretty! congrats on your guest spot! you always have such fun techniques to share :) Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge! Happy New Year!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yippee Sara Emily! Have a blast with this voucher! Looks like it will be a super lucky year for you too friend. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.